Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

I Laugh With You Sometimes

I laugh with you sometimes and say foolish things, I try to be brave and think you won't notice, I am crying inside. My words muddle up, though I know what I mean I get so confused I wish I could scream! I am crying inside. I am in the wrong body, my minds not my own. I live in a large house and long for my home. I am crying inside. I forget the last minute ''What was it you said? i remember my childhood but can't find my bed! I am crying inside. Where are my family? my Father my Mother? all the friends I have known where has time gone to? I am crying inside. I long for my last bed my pillow the grave. yet i cling on , I am so afraid. ''Won't somebody hear me!'' I am dying. I am crying inside.' Heather Macken. 1994. This is a poem about dignity in care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment